10/24/13

Man in the Mirror PROJECT - A Personal Declaration; The Inner Child

Our Personal Declaration
by a bunch of really cool people on the other side

  1. I am free to pursue my dreams
  2. I shall be free from all binds
  3. I am free to choose how I react to people and events
  4. I am free to make my own choices
  5. I am free and willing to change my mind
  6. I am able to perform what needs to be done to change my life the way I see fit
  7. My mind shall be free from all self destructive thoughts
  8. I am free of judgement, even of myself
  9. I am free to wonder about the perplexity of life
  10. I am free to honor myself and all the decisions I make - even though some may seem wrong
  11. I am free to live my life how I choose
  12. I am free to honor my children, my pets and all things and people important in my life
  13. I am free to believe in those things I cannot explain and that others do not validate for me
  14. I embrace the idea that all life is a mystery and I honor it with all of my being


As our minds are sometimes overloaded with "grown up" thoughts, we tend to complicate things.  Living in the moment allows us to free ourselves from thoughts of the past and thoughts on our future.  One of the most precious concepts has always been found in the innocence of our childhoods.  Although many of us are now older, there still lives a child within us all.  The child wants to be loved, nurtured and cared for.  May we embrace the simpler aspects of our inner child by allowing ourselves the freedom to have fun, be in the moment and the simplicity of just being without worry.

Recently Corey Feldman published a memoir about the abuses he suffered in his life.  Like many of us we have a past of hurtful people and events.  A wise monk once said that if you regret the past it will consume you and you will never find the peace you seek.  With the simplicity as in the eyes of a child, may we look to our present instead.  For Corey, he found peace at the Michael Jackson Neverland Park.  Where, as he put it, he was able to experience the innocence of being a child.

May we all retain that innocence even as adults.  May we foster the inner child, believing we are free, that when we grow up we can be anyone we want, and to live presently with what is only in this moment; forgetting our past and not placing any expectations on our future.  And for the wiser ones, we already know, that our freedom, our dreams and our childhood will always remain with us as long we let them.  For as we know the inner child never grows up, he remains inside sometimes hidden, but when he's nurtured and loved he blossoms into the kind of person we've always dreamed of being.






No comments: