8/13/14

Robin Williams - "I Still Exist"

Robin Williams has recently passed on.  His passing saddens me, more so because of what has been reported; that he has committed suicide.

We live in a world that is riddled with lonely people.  People who are struggling and in deep emotional pain.  Our feeling is in separateness from our world and from our creator.  Not knowing that we can gain strength from feeling the connection with the all, sometimes we may wallow in our pain.  Feeling alone, afraid and/or depressed.

There are times you can look at someone in the eyes and you can tell of their inner turmoil.  Robin Williams was one.  Yet when I think about all the good willed people, the ones that really go out of their way to make the world a better place, I see the same.  Most lives riddled with pain are the lives that are sensitive to the pain in others.  Because of it, they reach out.  Because of it, they make a difference.

There is so much I could say about what Robin Williams did while he was alive, but most of all he inspired us.  He changed the consciousness into something of wonder and in great delight.

I almost wrote that I have not seen Robin on the other side and now I see him standing here with me.  Our thoughts are like flashes on the other side and all it takes to connect is a simple one; a thought of another in love.

This is from Robin:

"Remember me for the man I was.  Simple, famous, wealthy, what ever you want.  But the man I am today is different.  I no longer have a body but I do have a soul and where that soul goes, and pardon my English, so will my demeanor.  My character in life was to play a humorous man with a gift of gab.  Today my life is settled.  It's in review, it's in love.  I've never felt so much love really.  Surrounded by a family I never knew and they were there all along. Loving me, hoping for me, believing I could do my best.  So here's to life, to love and the pursuit of your dreams.  Never give up hope to live because you never know who might be on the other side rooting for you.  My mother, my dad, my belief in myself was gone.  Now I'm not alone and miserable, I'm happy and alive, still in the space you call earth but no longer in the body.  Moving around silently and whispering in your ear I love you.  I'm here for you and we never go away we just change form."

If you are a reader of this blog, you'll know Robin starred in one of my favorite movies. "What Dreams May Come" is a story about twin souls.  Robin plays the husband who passes on leaving a wife behind.  In the scene below he is communicating with her after his death: