8/28/14

Happy Birthday Michael Jackson


The lyrics in the video I've posted below are sung by me and Vanessa Williams.   It is dedicated to the work and outreach of Michael Jackson.  It has been a shared vision to heal the world even since we were children.  As you might imagine, the black and white babies shown at the beginning of the video then hold great significance for me.  Two children looking at a world that needs to come together.  It was this same scene that was depicted in the "Black or White" video back in 1991. When Eddie Murphy stated he would only date black women, I had wondered if Michael felt the same.  His answer was obvious and as we go beyond black or white, and extend our soul family to all nations of the world, we begin to see our true unity with all things.

With his encouragement and a little help from my "friends", I offer this in honor of the work he did, the beliefs he had and the continued hope and encouragement he has for us all.

May all of his hopes and dreams that continue, be fulfilled through all of the love we all share and demonstrate to the world.  His guidance, his love, his inspiration, protection, patience and humility are loved more than he knows.  He has restored my faith in a weary and bitter world at times and I have so much to be thankful for.  May his inspiration live on in all of us and may we extend the love he gave to us to each other always.

Happy Birthday Michael Jackson - I love you always, all ways and in all ways.