4/2/14

Life, Love and the Pursuit of Happiness


This morning I was reminded that I needed to work on what I wanted to put into my "soup".  The post a few days ago talked about "soup" and maybe had you ask yourself what you were asking of the universe.  Every morning I ask what we will write about.  Sometimes I am the student as they make their wisdom apparent.  Sometimes this HAS to happen, because when they say they want to write about "soup", I DO have to question!

I think those on the other side chose me not because I'm spiritual and have been studying for years, but because I'm open and at the same time truly dysfunctional.  In this way they can see if what they are doing works with me first.  Seriously.  I think I've finally figured it out.

I love to use the phrase by Jesus "Know Yourself", yet this morning when I was asked what made me happy I couldn't answer.  My thoughts first went to what "other" people would say; a new car, being rich.  Then it hit me that a car doesn't really cause the happiness but the feeling of owning something like it might and being rich didn't necessarily bring you happiness, but what you could do with your life because of it probably would.



I love children at play and babies when they laugh.  I love the high pitched scream and laugh that my son has when he runs from me.  The sun when it warms my skin and brightens the day makes me smile.  The way it feels when someone genuine gives me a really good hug.  It makes me happy when I sing, dance and play.  I'm happy when I'm in nature and out on the water and I'm happy when I paint and create drawings and oils.

The question was asked because it was agreed upon between us that I am a co creator with the universe and responsible for my own happiness.  Today when I woke up I wasn't happy.  I could think of all kinds of things that didn't make me happy; the dog peed on the floor, my son was running late for school, the check I expected didn't make it on time, and I was having a bad hair day.  Yet of all people I was the one that knew by just changing the way I thought about happiness I could change the way I felt.

I breathed deep, looked out the window and the sun was shining.  I could see a slight wind blow through the trees and my dog's tail wagged excitedly as we made our way out to go "bye-bye" to take my son to school.  I sang a song to my son on the way to school because it always makes him smile and before I knew it I was happy and light and thought how foolish I was for making such a big issue out of such small life details.  In the bigger picture it's those life moments that bring us happiness that we must treasure as they happen.  If we want more happiness, we have to do more of those things that make us happy.  Just remember, sometimes it's not in the thing itself, it's in the way it makes you FEEL.

Today think about those things in life that make you FEEL happy.  You'll find that they are things that connect the divine part of you to life itself.  You engage in it. Everything you feel when you feel happy will most likely come from joy, love, or freedom.  Connecting to another part of ourselves through the divine in all.  Take the knowledge of your happiness with you into the rest of your life.  Try to be mindful of the experience and bring more happiness into your life in the weeks ahead.  Happiness in life, experiencing love through divine connection can be one of the greatest secrets to unlock within yourself.  Give yourself the chance and freedom to explore that today.



No comments: