3/11/14

Free Will/World Order - Divine Intercession

Many years ago I used to cry in bed at night because of the things I heard on the news.  It seemed that children were dying, people were being murdered and I couldn't as a child understand why God would allow such things to happen, especially to innocent children.

As I grew older and after a few very riveting experiences, I came to the belief that it wasn't God who "allowed" these things to happen, it was us.  Not only have we allowed these things to happen but we are the cause of them happening as well.  We were all born with free will.  What we choose to do with that will is up to us.  Unfortunately, the free will some people have is used for selfish or very destructive means.

Many times in our personal lives we can come up against the free will of another person.  Their decision to drink results in a car accident that kills a member of our family.  On the other hand, another's choice to become a nurse may save someone from the same accident.  We truly have the power to choose our own path, but when it comes to others, our path can be riddled with turns and twists.  The poor choices of others can sometimes effect our world.  We live together, have to be on the same planet, and in doing so effect each other with our choices.

Whatever happens on a small scale, also happens on a large scale.  So when we look out at the world today I see pending wars, destruction and unrest.  Some I personally view as the poor decisions from free will of many leaders.  Our countries, our world must come to terms that we must live in harmony with each other.  If peace truly is our goal, then peace should be made at all costs, not enforcing the will of a global dictator who will in the end have humanity pay for his or her choices.

No one wins in war.  When I look at the news about Russia, China's uprising, Venezuela, Syria, and Africa, there is unrest all over the planet.  We surmised this, even saw it coming, yet while we are engulfed in these changes the possibility and reality of the violence is sobering.  I live in a free world, free of violence, and my life is free from suffering, but my brothers, my sisters, our children in other countries do not.  It's heart wrenching to watch and as I do I can't help but think of dear Nelson Mandela and what he would say to remedy the situation.  He had once told me that his feat was easy when he knew what he wanted to accomplish and I believe he was right.  What is it that all these uprisings want to achieve?  Is it freedom, peace or is the goal to take control over people or another country by imposing a governments will?  Where are the governments that stand for the people, not in control of them?

I'm not a politician, but I do know from Mr Mandelas words that there is power in the people.  That if you stand together for a cause and have your goal in mind, your intention and purpose, in the end it will be achieved.  Strong will, conviction, solidarity and good will toward our brothers and sisters, peace at all costs and never violence can go a long way.    

Many times our world is in turmoil.  Our personal lives can get there too, but I want you to realize the power you still have if you are in a war torn country or need to flee with your family because of the decisions of some political leader.  You must believe you can be at peace.  You must ask for divine intercession on your personal situation and the situation in your country.  Many people think God will grant them peace, but it is not the will of God for war.  It is the will of the few who have chosen war.  God is love, but to get his intercession into any given situation we must ask for it.  So today I want to tell you, please ask.  A fervent prayer is always heard on the other side.  Let it not be your will, but the will of our father that prevails for you, for me, and for all of our countries.  Divine intercession is real, but we must use our free will to ask for it.

I can quote the words from Mr Mandela about his view, his ideas for peace, but I couldn't do him as much justice as he does himself in the video below.  There must be freedom for ALL people.

)

No comments: