1/7/14

Twin Souls: Maurie D Pressman RIP


Death and Joy

A number of memories of how I almost died and it seems to bring me closer to death. Though I feel very vital this morning, I seem to find death to be a mysterious plane, a darkness and a great unknown. This, on the one side. On the other, is the recognition of the blissful peace which descends and surrounds me when I go into deep meditation or sleep, the pleasure of sleeping, dreaming, the joy of what I hear in out of body experiences and the total holistic holographic image of the joy and togetherness that I experience when I am on target and with a patient and really, really seeing pain, the wonderful “aha” of togetherness and joy and appreciation and unity. That joy is like the joy of sex, a wonderful togetherness in almost unbearable joy and then disappearance together in the great, creative, blissful darkness.

-Maurie D Pressman


It was around the year 1995 that I found the very first book that actually helped me on my path with a twin soul.  Twin Souls, Finding Your True Spiritual Partner by Maurie D Pressman, MD and Patricia Joudry was the first book that "spoke" my language.  Like many good books, I found the information made sense, it resonated with me.  I looked for more material from these two authors.  I first researched Patricia Joudry who was a playwright in Canada.  At the time I found she was involved with sound therapy.  Using sound to heal.  Something Michael believed in as well.  I vowed to myself that when I had enough courage, I would seek her out and see if I could meet her to ask questions.


When the time came in the year 2000 I found that Patricia had already passed in the prior month.  I felt dismay for the opportunity to speak to someone so well versed with the twin theory was lost.  Her counterpart, Maurie D Pressman, MD was a psychologist.  Someone with whom I thought my story would be laughable to.  He would be a man of logic and three dimensional thinking, I thought, and would most likely dismiss me.

By 2011 my spiritual guides had made the way for me to write my book again. Writing I found to be both therapeutic and agonizing.  Especially my story.  How could I write it in such a way that other people would get something from it?  My guides simply said "write what happened".  Well that turned out to be the easy part, but publishing it and putting out there made me cringe.  I wanted to hide knowing how it might be perceived.  Inside I wasn't ready to let go of my story and needed help.  I petitioned the counsel on the other side.  If the book was meant to be, I would need help.

I was prompted to contact Maurie D Pressman, MD.  I emailed him and we scheduled a telephone conference.  By this time, I felt I had nothing to lose if he laughed at me and hung up well, then at least I'd have my answer.  I started to tell him my story with the "I know this will sound crazy" line.  His response was spoken like a true professional; "Crazy is a relative term."

We had many conversations since that day and correspondences via email.  I learned many things about his path as he did mine.  But Maurie was not a willing participant in my venture, at least at first.  (I hope he likes me telling this story.)  I think like most people he wondered what I wanted from him.  I simply wanted his support. His professional opinion to relate my story to the standards of what a twin soul was as far as his research went.  He resisted and when he did I again went to the "other side" for assistance.

They say it's good to have contacts when you are finding a job.  I believe it's best to have contacts on the other side too.  My friends (it was actually Michael and Elizabeth) retrieved an old friend of his; Patricia Joudry, co author of the book.  I spoke to Patricia and she agreed to help.  Again I spoke to Maurie and he was resistant.  I simply couldn't publish the book knowing how laughable it might be without a professional researcher to stand with me.  I gave up hope, but Patricia didn't, claiming Maurie was just being stubborn.

A week went by when I had lost all hope when Maurie reached out to me. He was eager to work with me.  Wanted to know what he could do.  He'd do what ever I wanted.  I was perplexed.  What had happened to change his mind?  During our next few conversations he confided in me. It was an experience with his own twin soul that changed his mind.  He knew the power of the experience and had since been not only an inspiration, but a wealth of knowledge and love as well.

My mentor, friend and most loving companion along this journey passed away yesterday morning.  My eyes get blurry when I write this part because I have never known someone to be so loving to a complete stranger.  Maurie could have done many things and then not a thing.  But Maurie not only chose to stand with me but to teach with me, teach me, console me and share with me.  I found him to be open, honest, caring and had the sheer desire to help others.  It was no surprise to me that those on the other side of the veil chose him to help.  There simply couldn't have been anyone better than Maurie D Pressman MD

His research, books, observations, talks, seminars and outreach has helped thousands of people.  He was brave enough, committed enough and vulnerable enough to cross the self imposed line of psychiatric practice to explore the "Super Mind".  His remarkable insights and knowledge have brought healing to many, many people, who without him, without his research, without his support, would have been lost, including me.
I want to publicly acknowledge and thank Maurie and his family and supporters for all he has done for me and the thousands of others.  He will remain in my heart for eternity and like a pebble that is cast in the water, the ripples of his work and love will continue to resonate through our lives.

I hope that I can be like Maurie.  I hope that we all can.  That when we are given the opportunity to make a difference in someone's life we do.  That we know by doing that we help others and others can help others too.  That's what this life is about; the people, our connections and love.  May we all be brave enough, vulnerable enough and strong enough to see, experience and express that which we all are; love and light.

Maurie D Pressman I love you all ways, all ways and always . . .



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry for your loss. He sounded very spiritual. I'm sure he will be greeted in the spiritual realm and warmly acknowledged for his work on Earth :-)
Susan XO