1/29/14

The DeBarge Story: After We Die: Abuse, Loneliness and Michael's Rescue

"Between incarnations we (our consciousness) rest in the Devachan.  It is a temporary Heaven.  When the time comes for the new journey, we descend into the newly created body.  We enter the earth plane, the plane in which we can learn.  It is said that the angels themselves are envious of this opportunity."

                                                                      -Living in the Supermind, Maurie D Pressman M D

A week or so ago, I had someone contact me to see if I could check on someone who had passed.  I said I would see what I could do.  Sometimes people that have passed over just aren't available.  In this case, I asked my guides to do the checking for me.

The man was Bobby DeBarge, a singer from Grand Rapids, Michigan.  I had heard of the DeBarges before, but was not familiar with their entire story. The family, like the Jacksons, had many singer/songwriters and they recorded several pieces of popular music.

I was told Bobby was staying with a grandmother on the other side.  He was eager to reincarnate and I felt a great deal of sadness with him about his previous life.  Little did I know that when I relayed this information back that Bobby had been abused.  Our posts on abuse actually were inspired by this experience and I wanted to take another look at it today.

Abuse comes in all forms from all walks of life.  What it does to the victim is make them feel vulnerable, helpless, little and insignificant.  The thoughts of those that are abused may mimic the words of his or her assailant.  If you've been told enough times you aren't worth anything, sooner or later you start to believe it.

I'm not so perfect to say that I too considered suicide as a way out from the pain of abuse.  You feel alone, tormented, and think that no one cares.  What's the point, you might ask, if I just go. You feel alone.


Yet that's what this post is about.  I do believe Bobby believed that.  He didn't end his own life, but I do believe he went through his life believing he was less then.  It's a painful situation, and one that can lead you to do things to lessen the pain.  If you don't seek counseling, help for your thoughts, soon you won't be able to stand the pain.  You will seek other forms of relieving the pain.  Alcohol, abusing others, or drugs, as Bobby did.

Now not only is there pain, but addiction to your relief method then comes into play.  The high is a contrast and escape from the pain inside.  The cycle will continue of highs and very lows until the cause of the pain - the belief in yourself and a change of thought happens or worse, death by your hand or your addiction.

I felt Bobby DeBarge was very sad about his life.  After conversing with my guides I thought to myself what a wasted lifetime in some respects.  He could have soared, could have made so many strides, but because he was trapped in his thoughts, his beliefs, his abuse and his addictions, he didn't.  I don't blame Bobby for what happened.  I blame the people around him like us that could have made a difference.  Sometimes people like Bobby, people like me and people like you don't know any better.  We think we are alone, that we are the only ones and we see more and more people like this.  The bullied children at school and those that kill themselves because of it.

If you ever feel this way or if you have ever turned a blind eye to someone in need of just someone to listen to them, may you take this information and think about it.  We all need someone.  We all deserve to be loved.  We all are capable of great things and of great love.  Sometimes the only thing we have to do to get there is believe it.  Get help, get counseling, read self help books.  No matter how old or how young you are, you're worth it.

Following is a video explaining how Michael Jackson helped intercede on the attempted suicide of another member of the DeBarge family.  If there is one thing I am certain of it's that Michael did know pain.  It spurs you even further in trying to heal others.  I hope you too take a chance when you can and reach out to another human being.  We can all play a part in healing our world together.


No comments: