9/24/13

Closing Arguments - AEG vs Katherine Jackson

I was pleased to be able to view closing arguments by Brian Panish, attorney for Katherine Jackson and the kids.  I had tissue that I couldn't put down and am grateful to Mr Panish for such great representation for Michael's family.

Jury deliberations will most likely begin Thursday this week.  Tomorrow, 9/25, opposing counsel will offer their closing statements.  Live coverage can be seen again here:  http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/livenow?id=9259817

It's been an emotional day for me, I can't imagine what it must have been like for Katherine and the family, but there is one thing that is certain, Michael is extremely proud of his mother, children and family.  He says "Let's get one thing straight, there is no one, and I mean no one that is like my mother.  She is strong, solid and loving.  No other mother in the world could have done what she has done in the past few years.  That's the truth.  Mother I love you.  I always have.  I always will and don't forget that.  It's our faith that always brings us through and this is no different.  There will be justice after all of this is over.  I promise."

I've never felt, or witnessed such a loving bond between two people, daughter, son, mother, spouse or friend.  There is one thing I do know that the strength Katherine had to have to walk through this storm could not have been just the in the strength of one person.  Katherine must have had an army and if I don't know any better, I might even say she prayed for one.  One thing is sure, the army came, the testimony happened and now all you have to do dear one is wait.  Take a deep breath and know the love you marched forward with in your heart is now doing all the work.  It may be too premature to say congratulations on the case, but I do bid Katherine, the family and the team at Panish, Shea and Boyle congratulations on a job well done.

What a fine example of what love bids us to do.  Katherine Jackson. "No matter where I go from here, you're in my heart my mother dear."




No comments: