9/9/14

UPDATE: The Young Man's Suicide-Matt Lyzen

One of my favorite photos
Matt said he was looking
"distinguished" here.
I have just learned that the man I wrote about a few months ago, Matthew Lyzen has been found.

His family was notified just a few hours ago that he did, indeed, commit suicide.   I will re-post and link to the original post at the end of this post, but I wanted to take just a moment to say from my heart what this young man has meant to me.

I was never introduced to Matthew.  I found out that he was missing from my yoga teacher, and as you reread the post you'll understand that it was that night that I knew he was no longer living.  Matthew didn't want to be found.  It was emotional for him, as taking your life I would imagine would be.  After a few weeks of searching on foot, my yoga teacher and I gave it a rest.  I didn't realize it, but in finding Matthews body, Matthew said he would "re-live" those last moments again.  He wasn't prepared and quite frankly, as I told my yoga instructor, I didn't know if I was prepared to find his body.

Since then I have seen Matthew on and off.  Maybe six times or so. At times he has amused me.  I didn't know him when he lived, but on the other side I know him to have a great sense of humor.  He explained how he could "create" things and places, jumping from one place to another on the other side like a video game and I couldn't help but relate to him as one of my own sons who is the same age.

I last saw Matt again at the studio last Wednesday, where I again inquired on whether or not he was going to let me "find him."  In prior conversations he told me "you don't want to find me".  I would imagine the sight wasn't very nice. However, Matthew, the brilliant light that he is and will always will be, continues even without the body.  He is here now as I write I'd like to allow him to express some of his thoughts to family and friends, should they stop by to read:

"Imagine a castle.  A really big castle.  That's where I'm at.  That's where I live.  A castle in the clouds.  I'm right under your nose sometimes and you don't know it, but I'm there and I love you just as much as you love me, but I'm fine.  I really am.  Don't worry about how or why, just know that I'm OK.  That's all that matters now.  Peace out."

OK, so "peace out" ?  See what I mean..kinda funny.  Matthew is in my heart and will always be.  I'll never forget him as I can't even imagine that people who actually lived with him never will.  My heart is with them as well during this time.  May the healing energies of love surround them all and may you also know that the true Matthew Lyzen lives on.  Sending my love.

Here is the original portion of the post regarding Matthew:

Soul Mates, Suicide and Love

1/31/2014

"I also spent a few hours yesterday walking along a river front in the snow looking for another man that Michael had brought to me a few days ago. I went to my normal Wednesday class and Michael was sitting outside of the building. He said they had been waiting for me. When I went in I found that a young man had gone missing a few days prior. I had seen his face the night before and knew that he had passed. He was angry and didn't want anyone to find him."

Please join me in sending your thoughts and prayers to Matthew and his family and friends. He had gone missing from January, 2014.