6/4/13

Man in the Mirror PROJECT - Sweet Dreams; Using Your Dreams for Life

We've arrived at conducting the class instructions for Maurie Pressman's book Living in the SUPERMIND at the Man in the Mirror PROJECT on Udemy.com.  For some reason I wanted to entitle this segment "Maurie and Me", we are consistently working with one another and have had some very interesting things transpire since that I will write about later.

There was an article that was just published in CE Magazine on Dr Pressman that discussed lucid dreaming.  So I will try and include an excerpt from it at the end here, but what most of us don't realize is that even though we may not be getting promptings because we don't meditate, we most often always do in our dream state.  The dreaming world is one in which it connects the conscious and unconscious minds.  Most often we are unconsciously making arrangements or solving problems.  Sometimes we are given clues into the nature of our true situation, people, and problems or even solutions in our lives.

I had a friend some years ago that kept coming to me for psychic advice.  She was on the brink of a divorce and kept asking me what I thought.  Every time I told her she would hear only what she wanted to.  Finally I decided that no matter what I said she would still live in her illusion until she came to know the truth herself.  I decided on a plan.

I told her to ask herself what she wanted to know before she lay down to sleep that night.  I told her she would receive her answer in her dream state and this would be the correct one for her, making sure that she also told herself that she would remember and wake herself up at the conclusion of the dream.  This had been a favorite technique of mine for many years when I was extremely bothered by something and wasn't able to get my emotions out of the way to decipher consciously what was transpiring.

She did as I instructed and woke the next morning informing me of her findings.  In her dream she was moving out of her home.  Her then husband screamed at her that he was not coming back.  Although she did not like what she saw and heard, she did "know" it was true and was then able to place her thoughts on her own future.

Should you find yourself in a similar situation, or even if you want to connect with your twin soul, you might find that the dream state can do the same for you.  In my book "Another Part of Me- And Extraordinary Tale of Twin Souls"  I describe a segment where I was trying to come to terms with my relationship with Michael.  I used the dream technique to begin remembering and if you haven't read the book yet, you'll find it was extremely accurate.

I awoke one night to remember Michael dressed in black lace.  I was teasing him because a camera man was giving him instructions to turn to the camera like a supermodel.  I tried modeling for a time, but he was much better than I was as he turned and smiled at the camera.

When I awoke I remember thinking and feeling so uncomfortable.  Again my thoughts were "Oh my god, maybe he is gay" only because of the black lace.  Then I wondered if he had been taking pictures or maybe my mind was just making it all up.

A few months later he released a video entitled "You Are Not Alone".  In it, I noticed the black  lacy type see-through shirt I had dreamed about him wearing.  When he turned to the camera like a supermodel about half way in, I knew it just wasn't a dream.  What I saw was real.

The dream state always gives you opportunity to completely surrender to a state in which your soul and spirit can interject into the events transpiring in your life and even sometimes take you into a better direction for your life overall.  In the end, I hope that you too find that all your dreams are indeed sweet.
_______________________________________________________

Opening the SUPERMIND Through Lucid Dreaming and Meditation
By Maurie D Pressman MD

(Excerpt from CE Magazine Article; visit www.collective-evolution.com  for the full article)

"If we enter the quiet mind, we enter a borderland between waking consciousness and dream consciousness. It is the zone of Lucid Meditation. In this margin we have right of entry to many things: worries and fears, suppressed emotions, all of which can now rise to the surface to be
relieved or made productive. Our dearest aspirations and longings may come up.

Our minds carry a magical power that we can mobilize when we become lucid. It is rewarding to develop this capacity, and to visualize what we dearly want to achieve. Though it may sound mysterious, it is not. Achieving what we visualize is fully possible if we make this way-- the way
of lucid meditation-- a way of life and practice.  Lucid dreaming is a special kind of dreaming; the
dreamer is awake and yet dreaming. He/she can direct the dream. At such a time, waking consciousness meets dream consciousness. When the waking mind and sleeping mind
join, we have special access to high expanses of the mind.

In the lucid dream, we bring waking consciousness into the dream world; in lucid meditation we bring the dream consciousness into the waking world. In both cases, there is a joining. It is this joined consciousness that we cultivate in lucid dreaming and lucid meditation. But all this is of little
benefit, if we do not bring the lessons learned from such dreams and meditation into waking life."


"Lucid meditation is the mirror of lucid dreaming. In lucid dreaming, our goal is to be awake in the dream. In lucid meditation, we are already awake, yet we try to connect with the power of the dream realm. Translated into waking life, this ability, cultivated during meditation, develops the power of our subtle senses. This capacity affirms our essential unity with all of life. It cultivates compassion, awareness, and a sense of our being in the flow of things. Using examples from meditations, I will share my experiences with lucid meditation, to show how it has helped me to be a better teacher, therapist, father, husband, and friend, and improved my sensitivity and compassion."

*For more on Dr Pressman and his work please visit www.MauriePressman.com
**To join the classes on his book "Living in the SUPERMIND" please go to Udemy.com and search under Man in the Mirror PROJECT or use the link on the right side bar for direct access.

No comments: