12/19/11

The Twelve Days of Miracles - Day Seven

"I'd like to tell you a story about my childhood.  When I was little I used to wish on every star I would see.  I'd wish for things like race cars.  My early childhood dreams were shattered when I heard that there wasn't a Santa Claus.  I was convinced that one day he would hear me and bring me something.


One day when I was alone I found myself wishing again.  This time I was wishing for other things.  A new bike and some skates.  I wanted to be like the other kids and have a normal childhood.  Although I didn't believe in Santa Claus anymore, I still believed in the power of wishing. When I was done I looked at the time and it was time to go home.  I didn't know what time I would have to be to practice so I hurried up and looked for something, anything around the house to see if any of my wishes came true.  I believed in magic . . .  and there it was.  A brand new bike.  My father bought it the night before with money he had set aside from a gig we did in Detroit.  Not only was I surprised but from that day forward I believed in wishing all over again.



When a miracle happens, most likely we are the ones that give birth to it.  So create your miracle today by wishing for something you thought you would never get.  You never know, you just might get it."

1 comment:

Ester said...

How lovely!!