12/13/11

Scam Organizations and The Twelve Days of Miracles - Day One

I've just read some disturbing information about the fans of Michael Jackson being scammed by several different entities designed to exploit Michael's name, dream and the money of the fans for the same.  This world, unfortunately, is full of those people who will always seek to put money in front of any heart felt gesture. Michael stated many times that he would do just the opposite.  He has said that he would die broke giving his money away to the less fortunate.  His life ended because of greed, yet this world still reeks of it.


When I first started researching information on what has been transpiring during the past two years since Michael's death with the fans, I was amazed at how many fans were dedicating their time and efforts towards projects they felt would be close to Michael's heart.  I remember feeling so bad.  I hadn't done anything.  Here there were literally thousands of fans who have with Michael in mind, picked up their torches to shed light in a dimly lit world.  For a time, I thought, what could I ever have to offer?  Even the blogs by fans had a ton of information and hours of research on them regarding the nature of his passing.  I still am amazed at the outpouring of love and generosity that exists among the true fans.  Because there are those people in the world that choose to cloak their deeds in darkness, I hope that those true fans never feel as if they should shame themselves into the darkness with those who aren't doing the "right" thing.  One light, one torch, can light an entire room.  There is a saying by Paulo Coelho, a favorite author of mine, which says: "You are the light of the world.  Shine and darkness will disappear."


As we approach Christmas, I can't help but to think of the man Jesus.  Seems most of the people who do things that are beneficial to the masses are most always taken advantage of and persecuted as well.  I remember when Michael was going through one of his child molestation trials I told him he was like Jesus.  He was being persecuted for the very thing that he cared about most.  Some people took that statement out of context when he said it, saying he thought he was Jesus.  I suppose I have a different view of Jesus than some people.  I believed Jesus to be a man, who was not unlike the "potential" of any one of us.  To reach his state, however, the state of an ascended one (one who is close to Allah, God, or the source) one has to go through many trials.  Jesus certainly did, and if you check into any other ascended being's past you'll find the same path -  trials.  Maybe this is what is meant by "walking through the fire".  In the Bible Isaiah 43:2 says: "When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you"


"Like the old Indian proverb says, do not judge a man until you've walked 2 moons in his moccosins.
Most people don't know me, that is why they write such things in wich most is not true. I cry very very often because it hurts and I worry about the children, all my children all over the world, I live for them.
If a man could say nothing against a character but what he could prove, history could not be written.
Animals strike not from malice but because they want to live, it is the same with those who criticize, they desire our blood not our pain. But still I must achieve I must seek truth in all things. I must endure for the power I was sent forth, for the world for the children.
But have mercy, for I've been bleeding a long time now. MJ."

                                                                        Handwritten note published in People (12 October 1987)




So maybe the moral of the story here is, is that we need always be mindful that no matter how difficult it may be or how lonely or frustrated we become, we should remember these words.  That there were others before us that walked this path and endured great suffering in order to bring the world much light.  I believe that many of Michael's fans have already lit the world in some of it's darkest places.  I believe that this is the very thing that made Michael Jackson gain the fan base that he did.  Some people, most people, need to be shown love before they can give it.  So shine your light, and be the light to guide others to the place of healing and let us all begin to heal the world remembering the words Michael wrote himself:


 "In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe".




Twelve Days of Miracles - Day One


I believe we find strength in knowing not only that others have endured, but in knowing the peace and love that exists that we all too often ignore in this world.  To remind you, Michael is suggesting that we do a 
"Twelve Days of Miracles" series.  Each day I will post a miracle.  (And, I'm doing this on great faith, because like I told him - I don't know if I can come up with 12 miracles! lol So glad he can) So here is the miracle for today from none other than himself, Michael Jackson:


"A miracle is not only something to believe in, it is something that exists.  To believe in a miracle means that you believe in God and everything that exists is in His presence.  I know this because I'm here.  I am a miracle.  I AM a miracle of God and so are you.  So your number one miracle for today is you.  You are the miracle.  The miracle of a gift from God.  Choose wisely what you do with your gift because it is yours and yours alone." 
                                                                    - Michael Jackson








No comments: