12/21/14

Echoes I Have Seen - Children of War, by Lee-Anne Davids



Echoes I have Seen


Can you hear their pitter patter We seem to be missing their feet Can you see their smiles The window to their dreams

They are gone with the soldiers Gone with the guns Eradicated with the war Thought of by none

I hear no pitter patter in the future We seem to have lost their feet

Their smiles have been silenced And we have managed to kill their dreams

They were snatched by the soldiers Killed by the guns Sacrificed with the war Thought of by none

Children forgive humanity For we know not what we do Children forgive humanity That we are doing this to you

We can hear the pitter patter It’s up to me and you We can hear the pitter patter Change the stories on the news

We can see their smiling faces It’s up to me and you We can hear the echo of their laughter Let’s change this from disaster

The window to our dreams… the window to our dreams… Humanity look inside… Please humanity let’s not hide…

Don’t let them be stolen by the soldiers blinded by the guns ended with the war thought of by none…

I want to hear the pitter patter The pitter patter of their feet I want to experience their smiles I want to listen to their dreams

They have been saved by forgiveness Saved by a dream Saved by forgiveness Echoed in a dream.
© Lee-Anne Davids (20-December-2014)

No comments: