12/9/13

Conversations with the Other Side; Nelson Mandela


More often than not, I wonder where and what Michael does over on the "other side".  I've seen him in conversations with many who have passed.  He's grown closer with Princess Diana, since they have both had to leave children behind, and he's even gotten to catch up with some of his favorite performers like James Brown.


In the past few months Michael has brought some other people for me to meet as well.  The first were Sri Aurobindo and Mother, a couple from India that taught about consciousness, then his ex sister in law Dee Dee, his ex manager Frank, a grandfather named Prince and most recently Nelson Mandela.

Nelson Mandela
1918 - 2013
As I write this I have to laugh, can you imagine Nelson Mandela standing in your bedroom?  Well, I certainly didn't.  I didn't even have time to do my hair!

As with most visitations, however, there is always something that I note about the individual.  With Elizabeth Taylor it was the most fabulous laugh I have ever heard, and purely amazing eyes.  With Sri and Mira, it was the feeling of love and warmth.  When I first encountered Mr. Mandela he was beaming.  He was remarking about the prayers he heard in the world and I immediately went to a place where I thought perhaps there was sadness.  He corrected me, however, saying what he heard and felt was uplifting.  The memories and wonderful contributions that people were making in his name were heartfelt and the vibration of the energy of love for him actually raised the vibration of the planet on a whole.

I didn't expect the visit, so I didn't have a list of questions to ask.  He stood there with these twinkling eyes, smiling and I felt the same kind of warmth from him as that radiated from Sri Aurobindo and Mother - pure love.  I asked him how he was able to have the strength to do what he did.  Racial segregation and the things that transpired because of it was pure hell.  How could one black man stand so strong against hatred?

When you are the low man on the totem pole, he said, its easy because you don't have that far to fall.  He laughed when he said this, but I really wanted to know.  How did he make such a difference, how and what does he think we could do to help change the world we live in?  He told me we have to stand in our truth.  That no matter what you have to stand for what you believe in.  In his case it was equality.  Equality for all people, not just a few.  It's easy, he said, when you know in your heart what's right and the right thing to do and that's how he did it.

He said there will always be those that hate.  Hatred is all some people know.  When adversity comes you have to stare it straight in the face and tell it you're not afraid of it.  Change comes, but it comes slowly when there are others wishing ill will.  But we must fight for change or change will never happen.  We must not be afraid to have our voices heard and sing the song of freedom for all races and all people.

They will persecute you, rape you of your pride, kick you when you are down and succumb to violence when they feel they are losing the war, but you must not retreat.  You must wage the battle and continue to fight for what's right.  If no one does, all is lost, so it must be us, must be you, if anyone wishes anything to change.

I have to say I've met quite a few people on the other side, but none has left such an impression on me as Nelson Mandela.  I feel deeply honored and believe that the people of South Africa must feel the same.  In his memory may we all choose to stand up for freedom and fight the fight.  For when all is lost, we are the only hope for the world.  It is us that must change it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nelson Mandela was an amazing man who changed the world! Michael was so inspired by him. Yes, he loved Princess Diana, they had much in common. He has caught up with Ryan White and Walt Disney, and many others who inspired him. He also spends time sitting with Master Kuthumi watching his teachings to the world. He joins in on Global World prayers that fans participate in each month. Whitney Houston is another special soul who left us too young. She came to me the day she died and gave me a beautiful smile when I said I loved her and her music, she said "thank you" and flashed that lovely smile of hers. I'm sure Michael will be hanging out with Whitney.

ElevenSeven said...

I think him and Whitney made contact very soon after she passed. She was here with him one day, I think I posted it on the blog at one point.

Thank you for your comment. I've seen the fan sight on global prayers and I think it's such a great idea! Prayers do work. I tried to sign in at one time and couldn't figure out when the next one was. Maybe you could help me out on that? Is it still going on?

By the way, I feel stupid, but I had no idea how much of an influence Nelson Mandela had on Michael until just today. I never followed things like the fans did and find that when things like this happen, it continues to blow me away. I was so very honored when I found out about their friendship. Amazing men, both of them!

Anonymous said...

Many many people inspired Michael. Oh of course yes, many websites and prayers. Here is the link

http://www.majorloveprayer.org/

ElevenSeven said...

Thank you :)