5/13/13

Our Gifts - Michael Jackson

"Waiting on love is like waiting for the tooth fairy to come and take your tooth from beneath your pillow.  Our minds create a framework that when it's filled we call it "love".  We don't take into account the love that we share each and every day.   We often say we are waiting for "the one", the "right one" or the "love of our lives".  Somehow these magical people will show up in our lives and make everything happy for us.  We don't realize that they can't do it for us, we have to.

Although there may be struggles in our lives, there are times when you know you can count on someone to listen, lend a hand, or even just be there to hold your hand.  Your dog may kiss a tear away or snuggle close.  A child may lend a smile or giggle that breaks the silent revelry of the negative mental chatter.  Although these seem to be small things, these are the things that make our lives worth living, our lives worth while.

In the end I have seen friends come and go.  My popularity has soared to the highest of highs and the lowest of lows.  My friends left me wondering what I did.  My family adored me, although sometimes only when I could provide for them.  When my lowest days swallowed me whole, I had my children to look to.  The smiles on their faces, their warm, sunny demeanors turned my most dreadful days into days of delight.  There will never be another time when I will find that joy that they have brought to me.  Our days are numbered, our gifts of these small tokens of love are sometimes few.  When we refuse to acknowledge our gifts, those small acts of love and joy, we cheat ourselves.  We accept our fate as conditioned adults and lose the mystery and splendor of life.  We are made from love, we are love.  When we extend our hand to another that is love.  When we smile at one another that is love.  When we unite and stand together for a common purpose that is love.  We are all love.  We just have to acknowledge that our love is our gift.  We are gifts to each other.  And if we are brave enough to see that then we are brave enough to change our world.  This is our gift.  Our planet, humanity and your loved ones.  How will you cherish your gifts today?"

4 comments:

Reni Sentana-Ries said...

Deborah, you ought to be admired by your friends for presenting yourself to the world for all to see on how you really are.

You hide nothing in terms of who you are, what you believe in, and present yourself like an open book for all to read, devoid of false pretenses, daring to take the risk of being envied and hated for your kindness, not wavering in your convictions, endowed with nobility to assist people around you and the world by your own example and desire to be of help to others in their upward journey to elevated thinking and conduct.

Therefore, keep one thing in mind: when in light of your honour - being on display for all the world to see - your "friends" leave you, shun you, speak evil behind your back, then realize: THEY WERE NEVER YOUR FRIENDS IN THE FIRST PLACE! True friends don't forsake you when the going gets tough in your life, or when they realize they can't quite match your nobility of character. People with respect for your frankness and kindness will never leave you. So when the number of your "friends" dwindles, remember, THEY WERE NEVER AT ANY TIME YOUR FRIENDS.

The public we speak to knows that you and I don't see eye-to-eye on all issues, but does that matter? When I see nobility in you (and I do) I will always remain your friend and never think of rescinding that friendship unless you lose yours (nobility), and I cannot see that happen in a million years.

Those with dark secrets in their hearts will not dare do as you do: become an open book for the public to read of the purity of innermost thoughts as benefactor to the people and be a worthy example to all.

Power to you, Madam, you are a shining light among many who see you, and I hope many more will come and follow the example you set as a leader that you are and a light to the world.

ElevenSeven said...

Reni,
I am speechless. You flatter me! Thank you so much for your kind words. However, truth be told most posts are not my own. I can't take credit for any of them. They are never just my own doing.
You raise a wonderful point and good advice for many readers. Something that is important for many of us to realize to continue on our paths. Thank you once again for sharing your wisdom and insights. Very much appreciated and very "noble" as well :)

Reni Sentana-Ries said...

Your response is gratefully accepted. But I looked up the dictionary meaning of the word "flatter" and find there can be the element of insincereity in it.

For the sake of your readers I need to say that expressing my appreciation for you and what you do in selflessness for the people contains no ulterior motive. In my view you simply are the way I described you, and that is where I leave it at.

ElevenSeven said...

Thank you once again :)