7/18/14

Nelson Mandela International Day - A Few Words From the Man

Today is the first official Nelson Mandela International Day since his death.  It's the day chosen as an official acknowledgement in celebration of the achievements of Nelson Mandela.  On this day we ask for your service, any small, kind service to humanity, in remembrance of him.

Today, July 18, was Nelson Mandela's birthday. There must be plans for a huge party in heaven!

This day was unanimously approved in 2009 by the U.N. General Assembly. It was created to honor him and inspire others to carry on his efforts to "take responsibility for making the world a better place, one small step at a time." 

It should be no wonder then that Michael and Elizabeth Taylor have met up with him on the other side. Matter of fact, it was Mr. Mandela himself that came up with the idea of the petition we posted here on the blog for world peace.  I'd like to think I was the one who was so brilliantly smart to come up with it, but I'm really not.

The petition is still available for your input.  Today is a GREAT day to do your part in his honor and in honor of humanity.  Recent news is unbearable.  Violence is bred.  We are breeding greed in mainstream society with ads and what the "perfect" life should look like.  We breed violence in our children simply by them witnessing it.  This MUST stop.  WE must be the ones who take a part in making these changes.  We are all creating a consciousness of chaos in the world simply by not paying attention to what we are doing.  God did not invent the gun, war or greed.  We are on this earth, we have created this mess.  We MUST be the ones to clean it up.  Don't pray for peace - make it.  Take action today.

Here is the link for the petition once again.  It is important now more than ever for us to take action in our every deed and thought.  Remember the words of Nelson Mandela and the lengths he went to in his life just for peace in his country between the blacks and whites.  Reconciliation can and should be used across the globe for peace projects everywhere.  There is no room for violence anymore.  As Mr Mandela is telling me "Peace should be our only mission".

I was asking him if he'd like to say something and was not getting a response.  Michael says he's thinking about it.  So I told him I was going to steal the rights to whatever he said and make a movie about it.  But Mr. Mandela says they already made a movie about it....... O.K. here we go...:

"On this day in history many people will remember the man I was in life.  I was no different than any of you.  I had dreams.  I had people in my life that I loved.  I worshiped god.  My only endeavor was to find peace for me in my hometown.  In order to do that I had to do something to make that happen, to try.

We are all living in the same world.  We try to control one another.  We try to be better than one another, but in the end, we still must live with each other.  Try your best to be your best.  Not only for you and your family, but for the world.  We need strong men and women to rule the masses.  These are not days for more war, these should be days of civilized and peaceful living.  Not just for the Russians, not just for the Ukraines, for ALL people everywhere.

On this day it is my hope that in the hearts of all people a seed is planted.  An idea that they too can change the world.  Change is inevitable.  We are steering towards change every day.  If we don't take control of the wheel, where do you think that change is headed?"

N. Mandela