1/3/12

The Man in the Mirror Segment - Make that Change; Day Three

"It's with great pleasure that I share with you the knowledge that you all have passed phase one.  You've noticed you are doing things again and again and again!  This is good.  That's what its' about.  Now we have to find out why.

Pretend you are someone observing yourself.  There is a little man in your head and he's snooping around in there looking for clues as to who you are.  What do you suppose he would find?  A scared little girl or boy?  Someone with grand dreams who was too afraid to try and bring them to fruition?

Every one of us have obstacles that we sometimes unconsciously place in our path.  Sometimes they are from our childhood, sometimes they are things we create  based on the beliefs we have about ourselves.  So before we can decipher which is which, when you notice those feelings come up, be the man in the back of your head.  Do some snooping . . .

Then ask these questions;

1.  What thoughts are associated with the feeling I am having?

2.  Is it something negative about me that I believe to be true, or am I just thinking them because someone else told me I am this or that?

3.  Is the thought true?

4.  Can I change the pattern of the thought to something positive about the situation or myself?

When you can answer these questions, we'll be ready for the next step.  Good work!"


No comments: