1/9/12

The Man in the Mirror Project - Make that Change; Day Seven

"Day seven brings us into determination of whether or not we feel we need assistance with coming to terms with who we actually think we are.  Do we think we are reincarnations of our parents, a product of society or an individual manifestation of the God source, which by the way is all empowering.

Do you believe that you are what you have created?  Do you believe that being in the seat of power of creating your own life that you have the power to change it?

Many people have issues to deal with on a day to day basis.  Seemingly life passes us by and we forget to wonder about the source that is creating our day to day existence.  Think for a moment about the past few exercises.  Those exercises were designed to get you in touch with the one thing that is creating that pattern of issues that is now present in your life.  Thinking back I want you to close your eyes and think about what it was that you noticed about how you felt and what you were thinking.  Were you able to link it back to a time when someone said or gave you a message about yourself or how you should act?  In addictive behaviors, we sometimes redundantly enter a pattern of self sabotage or self defeat without even knowing it.  The "feeling" that we are no good, not good enough, or even that no one would want or love us drives us to create situations to make that statement true.  Most of the time these statements hold no truth at all.  They are simply statements or feelings we grew comfortable with and have taken on from outside sources.

Since a prior exercise focused on changing the "thought" this time we will focus on changing the "feeling".  How do I feel?  During the first exercise we noticed these feelings.  We tried to name them.  Anxious, angry, uneasy. Whatever that feeling was, I want you to tap into the feeling when it comes on.  First correcting the thought, for instance if it is "I'm so stupid", we correct it by saying to ourselves "I am an abundant field of wisdom" and begin to believe that with God all things are indeed possible.  Secondly, we focus on the feeling.  How am I feeling?.  When I think "I'm so stupid" I feel my body collapse upon itself.  When I think "I am an abundant field of wisdom" my shoulders pull back, my chest opens, and I am open to possibilities. I am not shut down.  I am open, literally, to the blessings of the universe.

Changing our thoughts always goes hand in hand with changing our emotions.  Focus on this now."



Lyrics from "Man In The Mirror" - It is not only with our heart (our feelings) but with our minds (our thoughts) that we will truly begin to transform ourselves and in turn the world - Make that change!

"I'm Starting With The Man In
The Mirror,
(Man In The Mirror-Oh
Yeah!)
I'm Asking Him To Change
His Ways
(Better Change!)
No Message Could Have
Been Any Clearer
(If You Wanna Make The
World A Better Place)
(Take A Look At Yourself And
Then Make The Change)
(You Gotta Get It Right, While
You Got The Time)
('Cause When You Close Your
Heart)
You Can't Close Your . . .Your
Mind!
(Then You Close Your . . .
Mind!)"




It is with joy in our heart that we will be able to spread joy to others.  
      

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”


-Michael Jackson

No comments: