9/22/11

Influencing the Masses

Twin souls come together in purpose always.  Most often the result is not only growth for the two people involved, but to raise the consciousness of those around them as well.


In the early 80's Michael Jackson's career had reached a point in history whereby he could influence the masses.  He took amazing responsibility for his life in the public eye.  I don't believe that with all the press that has been written did they ever report him to be irresponsible in his pubic behavior.  There were no wild parties he threw, no public drunkeness, nor slews of mistresses.  His life was about giving, healing and using his "gift in music", as he called it, as a platform to help others.  He was personally responsible for eliminating world hunger by 50%.  Further, with reports that he was almost broke, I have failed to hear anyone take note of the fact that he said he would go broke by giving back and he didn't care if by giving, he did go broke.


Last night I didn't sleep well.  I was awakened many times.  I was a little concerned about the book I am writing that I believe is our joint mission.  Twin souls always have one.  This, I believe, is my part in holding up what we are here to do.  Share the story with others, so that they too can benefit from the knowledge and experience of what twin ship and our true natures really are.


Michael always has his input while I'm writing.  And, in writing this blog I always ask what he wishes for me to say.  There was news about Elizabeth Taylor testifying against him, other things that could be commented on, but that wasn't what he expressed.


He spoke about tenets of love and using them to influence the masses.  He was speaking about his life.  Should he write the book himself, that's what he would talk about.  This is what he used in his lifetime, the tenets of love.


So thank God for the internet because I didn't even know what a tenet was!  When I looked it up, I understood.  Tenets are principles or beliefs.  He lived his life by the belief in love.  By the exercise of this love, he regarded the whole human species as one family. By stating it this way, it gave me insight.  He spurred me on to another realization.  I had always thought he was more spiritually developed than I.  I had even asked him at one time if he would teach me.  As he often did, he wrote about it in his song "Butterflies" with the lyrics "I would show you, guide you to the light." (There are also other notations in this song, regarding commonalities of twin souls as in the lyrics "You're not here with me, still I can feel you near me ".  Many twins can "feel" one another, even though they are not physically together.)


The realization was, however, that this belief of love and living as one family was a self-evident reality for him, not a visionary ideal.  Many of us live as though it ought to be true,  but not that it is.  There are tremendous realities in human life, and it should be as impossible to question their validity as it is to question the ground underneath our feet.  His belief in our spirits, our connection to one another, was just that concrete.  It wasn't just a notion, it was something that was a "matter of fact".   


Should we all take this approach in our own lives, imagine how we too could "influence the masses".


"Butterflies"







No comments: