12/28/12

A Miracle Confirmation from One of our Winners

As most of you know we had a Twelve Days of Miracles Contest before the holiday.  Michael's idea was to increase hope and belief in our spiritual helpers as well as the afterlife.  We had questions that were asked by him and other spirit guides that work on the other side.  If you answered correctly, you were given the opportunity to ask for the answers to three questions and request one miracle.

One of our winners simply stated to me that she wished them to use the miracle for whatever they thought best and where ever it was needed most.  The guides and Michael said that she would hear confirmation of her miracle in writing.  I thought it strange, since I had no idea she had already formulated a request in her mind and asked if she did receive the confirmation, that she let me know.

Today I received the following email confirming not only what her request was, but what she found "in writing".

I thank her whole heartedly for sharing her results with us and hope we have many more.

"When Deborah told me I answered a question correctly from her 12 Days of Christmas, I knew I could request a miracle. The request was simple, a miracle for the people of Newton, CT. She asked me if I would be willing to let her know if I read anything that pointed to the miracle occurring. This writing is my response to her request. 

I did not feel the need to witness the miracle. I knew miracles already occurred and would continue. I remember when a dear friend of mine suddenly lost her son in law. She said her life changed completely in that moment. Her whole family was in a terrible state of grief. The main reason I was friends with this woman was we shared a love of spirituality. For this reason I knew once she was done sharing her grief, I could ask her what miracles had already occurred. She proceeded to tell me. There were a few. The one that sticks out in my mind is about her grandson. The family had to drive a long distance to the funeral. I am talking about 14 hours in the car. They were concerned how their grandson would handle the ride and more importantly how his mother would cope if her son got fussy. Her grandson was quiet the whole way. Something was with him in that car. 

Here are some of the miracles I have witnessed since the shooting.

  1.  President Barack Obama, allowed himself to show emotion when he first spoke to the nation about the shootings. For as cool headed as he can be, it was clear his heart was open. We need a president with an open heart and it is clear we have one. But for me that was not the miracle. A staunch Republican on facebook admitted she felt compassion for the President as he must have been thinking of his own daughters while giving that speech. I anticipate you are all intelligent enough to understand how that was a miracle.
  2. When I saw on the news all of the trained Golden Retrievers who were sent to Newton to comfort the children, I thought that was a miracle.
  3.  I came across a writing from a Catholic Nun quoting the Bible and explaining the only way out of the mess is love. For me  someone affiliated with organized religion using the Bible to teach love  is a miracle. I can't be the only one who has experienced representatives  of organized religion differently.
  4. The story of the five or six children who got out of the school and ran to a man's driveway. The man shortly came home and found them in tears because their teacher had been killed. What is a miracle to me is they found their way to the home of a retired psychologist, also a grandfather, and he knew just  what to do. If you have not read this story check it out online. 
  5. All of the New York firefighters who came to honor the nephew of a fellow firefighter. This little boy wanted to be a fireman when he grew up. Seeing one of the firemen crying his eyes out because he could not imagine loosing his own nephew was very moving. I guess anytime I see a man willing to show tears I am relieved. We need to see more men not afraid to shed tears.

I could search the internet for more stories of miracles connected to the CT shooting but these are the ones that came to mind when Deborah asked me to write my response. Miracles are around us everyday. I thought about sharing some of my favorite quotes.  The link to this page makes it easier and I did not have to choose just one quote." 
 http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/miracles

No comments: