3/9/12

Keeping Your Head Up

Many times in our lives we seem to have painful experiences that we question.  Why should it happen to us?  What did we do to deserve it? Or, why did this happen to me again?

In the midst of pain we are rarely able to see any good that can come from it.  Internal, emotional pain, can eat away at you until you are literally a living zombie.  So what does it do for us and why must we go through it?

Pain in and of itself doesn't do a thing but hurt!  However, if we look at what has caused the pain, rarely does it have to do with only ourselves.  Usually someone "else" causes the pain. " Bob made me feel this pain, because he broke up with me."  Because Bob broke up with you, you internalize the pain.  Maybe even think "why doesn't Bob like me anymore" or "what's wrong with me?"

The question now becomes did Bob really cause the pain? Or did your thoughts about what happened with Bob cause the pain?

Every thing that happens in this life is an opportunity for you to become your own master.  The master of your thoughts, your deeds and what pain you choose to hold onto or let go of.  You and only you, are able to let in, let out, or change yourself, all from the inside out.  You are so powerful!  You only have to realize that it's the thought about yourself and your world that can either hinder you or up lift you.  The universe then, responds.

 “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I’ve learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I’ve learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you’ll miss them when they’re gone from your life. I’ve learned that making a “living” is not the same thing as making a “life.” I’ve learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I’ve learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I’ve learned that even when I have pains, I don’t have to be one. I’ve learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I’ve learned that I still have a lot to learn. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
 — Maya Angelou




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree things are not always as bad as they seem. we as humans have to know that every hurdle we face and challange that comes are way we have to know that thier is always a britghter tomrrrow for us. life can drag you down and people lose the will power to go on anymore. but its not the end because we never really know what it is in store us and what god has in plan.