5/14/14

Words to Heal and Words to Use to Heal Another

You might think them, but do you say them?

Words can be powerful tools to help us convey our feelings, but all too often many of us forget or are afraid to use them.  Sometimes afraid to reach out to another person for fear of more hurt, or simply because of our pride.  The following words and phrases can be used to ask for healing or to help heal another.  Too often we hear of the ridicule and bullying done on the playgrounds that continues its cycle throughout adulthood.  On the opposite side of the spectrum, instead of using our words to hurt, consider using these powerful phrases to heal:

I forgive you
I'm sorry
I'm sorry I hurt you
I'm afraid please help me to understand.
I love you
I'm here for you
I regret saying that.  I didn't mean it.
I adore everything about you.
I love you more.
I appreciate you.
I value you.
Please forgive me.
I'm interested in you.
I'm available for you.
Tell me how I can help you?
Tell me how I can make things right?
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings.
I'm afraid/feel you don't love me.
I'm sorry I was not there for you.
I'm sorry I wasn't the person you needed to be.
I'm sorry I wasn't the person you wanted me to be.
I'm sorry I wanted you to be someone you are not.
I'm sorry I made demands on you in exchange for my love and affection.
You are adorable.
You are kind.
You are smart.
I have faith in you.
You will do something great in your life.
This is only one chapter of your life, the others have yet to be revealed.
I think of you often.
You will be in my prayers.
I want and need you in my life.
I lied because I was afraid.
I'm sorry I was unable to tell the truth because I feared it would make me look bad and that was    wrong.
You are a light in my life.
You are important.
I was angry because I was afraid of losing you.
I love your smile.
I love your laugh.
You are amazing.
God must have blessed you.

May our need to be right, always be less than our need for peace and love.  May we make it a priority for ourselves and in turn a priority in the world.  Knowing every nation, every religion, every man and woman, all have different ideals and ideas about how things "should" go.  May we be brave enough and open enough to accept each and every one for who they are and not who we want them to be.

Notice the feeling you have when you watch Shirley Temple in the video below simple say "I love you".   A smile, and a heartfelt grin with words that invoke a feeling that made her the popular star she was.  Emotion, love and delight; the ingredients for a wonderful life.  One that no matter who we are or the color of our skin, we all want.