5/19/14

The Michael Jackson "Hologram"

Still shot from hologram performance - look at the face



I know, I know, I said I wouldn't post until the first week of June and I purposely chose another post for today . .however . . I just got a note from a friend about the hologram of Michael Jackson at last night's music awards show.

I really had no idea that it was supposed to happen at all, mainly because I still don't pay a whole lot of attention to what is reported.  However, I just "happened" (if you know what I mean) to turn the station when they began to announce the performance of Michael Jackson's "Slave to the Rhythm".  My thoughts?  Oh my god, what a horrible impersonator.  The lip syncing was even off.

Today there is all kinds of talk about this hologram.  A hologram of an impersonator I suppose.  I'm not real keen on fluffing my feathers, however, I KNOW I could have given a better performance of the song and I don't perform.

It is outlandish to see not only the hologram - which by the way reminds me of what they wanted to do with Michael and his tour . . you know the one that he was supposed to do at the O2 that you know Randy Phillips, you know of AEG LIVE, the company that was producing the tour. Remember when court documents revealed his horrid treatment of Michael when he said he was self loathing now that it was showtime?  I'm sure Mr Phillips would have liked to help him out by sending in a little help like this wouldn't he?  Make it all nice like . . you know to help "Mikey" out like he did with the promise of a home in Vegas he knew Michael wanted....

Anyway, the hologram was one thing, but there was also a commercial with Michael's music as well.  This is good business.  Great marketing.  I only wish that that much publicity could have been done for Michael's last studio album entitled "Invincible".  That way Michael probably wouldn't have had to sign his life away, quite literally at that, for a home et al to do the final "This is It" concert series.  Oh, but wait, that's right.  That's the whole point isn't it?

Here is the video of the performance in case you missed it.  Was this the impersonator you were going to have to perform for Michael at the O2 guys?  Sorry, so bad.  I don't believe it's Michael for a minute.....