11/27/12

One of the Veils of Illusion

Deepak Chopra once said that our true reality lies behind a veil of disbelief.  That perhaps the reality we don't see at the moment are the things we would not believe in anyway.

Our third dimensional world has taught us many things.  Being on this planet we are drawn into the collective consciousness of all of humanity.  Our ideas are formed based on the ideas of those around us.  They come from family, religious groups, races and countries.  These are man made ideas, formed in the minds of men and spread like a contagious disease, for it is these same ideas that separate mankind from itself.

When all the world thought the world was flat, who but one man dared to believe and prove that it was round?  It was ludicrous back in that day, however, to believe in something that was against the "norm".  Something that went against what the mass consciousness was dictating.  Surely this man that made the discovery must have been a great and wise soul.  Strong in conviction and inner strength.

Today our societies don't run much differently.  We still hold mass consciousness beliefs as though they are our true reality.  We don't buck the system, and from what I've found if we have had any "strange" experiences we simply don't talk about them for fear we will be labeled "crazy".

If we lift the veil of illusion, however, we might remember that we are three part beings.  We not only consist of a body, but a mind and a spirit, without which, by the way, if we didn't have we would not even be here.  Yet not many people seem to pay attention to this part of ourselves.  Just now as the consciousness is growing do some even believe there is life after death.

So today I thought it might be interesting to throw some ideas out.  Reading the following statements perhaps you yourself can decide if the mass consciousness idea presented is our reality, or our illusion:

1.  Bringing yourself into more money will bring you happiness.
2.  Teaching your children to not socialize with "other" races will help keep your race "pure".
3.  Getting married will solve your loneliness.
4.  Working hard is the only way to wealth.
5.  My religion is right and the others are really messed up.
6.  We are the only beings in the universe.
7.  I believe God exists, but don't ask me to prove it.
8.  My perfect partner has these attributes . . I should know.
9.  Our problems in the world are all financial.
10. Money is the most important thing if you want a good life.
11. I know about those less fortunate but "other" people take care of them.
12. I don't know why that person would treat me that way.  I have never treated someone like that.
13. That person "looks" stupid.
14. They are from another country, they don't know anything.
15. If  you have a big house and a nice car you are successful.
16. Women are only good for one thing.
17.  I can treat my children the way I want.  They are MINE.
18.  When I get married I have the right to tell my husband or wife what to and not to do.  They are mine,
19.  Going to work everyday and bringing in a paycheck is what life is about.
20.  I am what I do for work.

After contemplating a few of these ideas, I wonder if you yourself have had any of these thoughts and beliefs.  If you have remember it is you that accepted them into your world and you that can change them. It is only you that can change the belief and begin to change your life.


No comments: