2/10/12

What do Michael Jackson and Kid Rock have in common?

There are some rules that David Simon, the late partner of Deepak Chopra used to speak about.  The first was before you speak ask yourself  "Is it true?".  The second, ask yourself "Is it necessary?", and the third, ask yourself "Is it kind?".

This morning I was listening to the radio and heard a story about another musician called Kid Rock.  He lives in Detroit, Michigan, here in the United States and I've heard for a number of years now about the impact that he's had on the city through low mumbles among the people in the community.  I had several ideas about what to post today.  At first I thought maybe I should write about David Simon, or Michael Jackson's past lives, since at first glance the post Kid Rock made had some fairly strong language in it.  Then I had to ask myself the three questions that David used to ask.  After, I had to ask myself what benefit will I be serving?  After a careful review, I decided to post a link to Kid Rock's story.  He sells t shirts in Detroit, Michigan USA, gives most of the profits to charity and invests in rebuilding business in Detroit.

Recently, one of the newspapers posted a story that the t shirts he used in the Made in Detroit line weren't actually made in Detroit but shipped from overseas.  That the designs were stamped in Detroit, but the t shirts were imported.  I had a clothing line myself and know almost ALL clothing for imprinting comes from overseas.

So what does this have to do with the blog?  Kid Rock, like Michael Jackson just had a very slanted article printed about him in the news.  There are literally thousands of people that will most likely read the article.  And, like most people will believe what they read because they have no other reason to believe differently.  Michael's entire life was distorted very badly this same way.  People began to believe he was much different than he actually was all because of the media's distortions and lies.  This is public abuse and bullying on a grand scale.  Media and press personnel must be held responsible for truthful reporting.  Not because I just don't think it's a nice thing -  I mean really, when you think about it they are acting like the high school gossip girls;  But, as a society we should expect and deserve to know the truth; we should demand it.  It is our right to know and how else would anyone know any different.

This type of reporting, these types of slander are exactly what caused the French Revolution.  That's how serious it is.  If you look back, you'll realize it was select group of individuals that began rumors about Marie Antoinette, that she purchased a diamond necklace while her country starved.  This single event, inspired an entire country to revolt, resulting in the French Revolution.  All based on one lie.

Now, I don't think the US is going to start a war because of Kid Rock's t shirts, but I do I think he did the RIGHT thing in speaking out against this type of behavior.  I'm posting it so you can know the impact our words have and so you too can speak out against the lies and injustices of society.

Here is the link to his story:  http://www.kidrock.com/news/600863-susan-tompor-kid-rocks-clothing-line-says-made-in-detroit-but-isnt/#comments

No comments: