5/6/16

A Message from Prince in the Afterlife

Let me start off by saying I was never a Prince fan.  I love the 80's, I know who he is, what his music sounds like, I've seen one of his movies, but I've held an impression of him that is entirely untrue.

As most of us know, what are shown in the news and via media platforms is how we form our opinions about people and events. My honest thoughts about Prince were that he was raunchy and wild.  Not someone I particularly would like to follow as far as someone in the public eye.

Yet as I've come to know just a little bit about him in the afterlife, I've been very pleasantly surprised by his warmth, charm and particularly good intentions for all people that were in his life and those who he hangs out with now.

Prince wanted me to post a message from him today.  I just watched the news and some people from our area in Detroit are planting "purple" gardens.  I happened to put on a purple shirt, but I'd like to pay tribute to Prince by writing down for you what he wishes for you to know.

Prince 5/6/2015 6:10 pm

"I want to thank the public and my fans for the outpouring of prayers.  My heart is exploding with love.  I haven't felt so much love in all my life.

Please continue to support those in the music industry who are struggling with their managrment and recording companies.  I am be-funked at how this all went down.  At least I know I have the support of my group - they're tight - and family members who know me well.

I haven't been able to express my gratitude for those who came before me.  My heart is heavy due to the fact that so many lives have been taken and exploited.  If I were with you now, I'd tell my crew to stay strong, stay in the light and never back down.  You never know who or what will come into your life or at what time.  Timing is important; remember that.  It's those who know me most that will remember the strength and courage I've had to have to endure ridicule, fame and success.  

I hope you know I'll always love you.  Keep smiling.  Keep singing, and always love yourself and others.  I am grateful for the time we've had together.

Love always and always,
Prince Nelson"

No comments: