5/8/12

Spiritual Amnesia

If you have ever explored the possibility of past lives you might have thought about the reason why we don't automatically remember them.  There is a divine wisdom that plays a hand in almost everything that we are.  When you think about a flower or even a baby, we as people don't have to tell it how to grow, it is the wisdom that is already inherent within it that allows it to manifest.

Past lives and remembering them are almost the same way.  There is an order to things.  In divine order and with timing, like a flower, the blooming of or birthing of consciousness takes place.  Most often we come into this life not remembering our past lives.  Can you imagine if we did?

This morning as I was standing at the sink I was observing my mind.  It was thinking thoughts about my past.  My consciousness said "Stay focused.  You have to be in the present, you are not your past, nor your future, you are now."  This was me trying to be in the present moment.  Of course my mind didn't turn off at that point, and I went back to a conversation I once had with Michael.

I had remembered a past life we shared in Chicago.  We were performers and when I asked if he remembered he said of course he did.  Then I asked him why he never told me.  His reply was that I was supposed to find out these things all on my own.  Every one of us, like a flower needs to bloom in our own time to get back to our wholeness before we can unite with our higher selves and twins.

What I noticed about the path, however, is that at each juncture my higher self withheld information from my conscious mind.  It was as if it had this divine wisdom that knew when the moment of acceptance of the knowledge of my past or what was transpiring this time around was right.  Sort of like a spiritual amnesia, the higher self limits remembrance until your consciousness is ripe enough to accept it.  You may be acting on past lives and repeating patterns, but eventually your higher self will begin to allow you to glimpse the past in order to correct your future.  If you knew now, you may be thinking not only about your past this time around, but the past of the past and the past of that past.  How would you ever be able to come to know the true you with all those past lives and personalities hanging around?  The ego would say "but who am I", a geisha girl or a nun?  I was both.  The higher self says "You are neither.  You just are." 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

im glad that you disccused this topic. i have wondered if people have had past lives before. i have read from wikipedia saying that its aslo called regression. used during past life regression involves the subject answering a series of questions while hypnotized to reveal identity and events of alleged past lives.

link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_life_regression



Past life regression is a technique that uses hypnosis to recover what practitioners believe are memories of past lives or incarnations, though others regard them as fantasies or delusions. Past life regression is typically undertaken either in pursuit of a spiritual experience, or in a psychotherapeutic setting. Most advocates loosely adhere to beliefs about reincarnation,[1] though religious traditions that incorporate reincarnation generally do not include the idea of repressed memories of past lives