10/19/15

A Moment of Dread - A Requested Post

The following has been posted as a request from the "other side":


A Moment of Dread

“When I was younger and days were longer, my heart was full of hope
I came upon a selfish man that took my life and ended all my dreams

Again I looked out to the sun full of promise after the rain
It was then I realized nothing again would ever be the same

If you could be where I am I would hold you near
I would make you a promise and whisper into your ear
I love you, I miss you, I need you as well

Don’t believe for a second that anything has gone to hell
If you could hear what I say and the things I have done
You’d know you could be more able and strong
Don’t believe for a second I’ve given up hope
Don’t believe for a moment there is no way to cope

Listen to the trees, as they shiver in fear
They know that the winter time again is once near

They don’t give a crackle nor moment of dread
They don’t shutter knowing what is ahead

They gleam as the sun shines down through the rain
They marvel and wonder at all life’s wonders and pain

Give me a moment just a speck of your time
I’ll come in the form of some wondrous rhyme

I’ll hold you quite near and trust what I say
When the time is at hand
There’ll be not dread, nor dismay

Weakness and cowards are always at hand
It’s the ones that are strong that dare take a stand
Don’t fret what is to come, don’t whimper in fear

Our time is now and the moment is here.”

Blessings to the people who have so graciously saved my family from the insidious acts of cruel men.
I hope this serves you well. Your partner in peace.

No comments: