8/1/12

Dancing the Dream

Because I have this blog up many people think that I might have been a huge fan of Michael Jackson's. Although I followed his music and news about him, I was not.  I don't know half the things his fans know and am sometimes astounded at the amount of information they do know.

We talked about writing about the light today.  What it was like on the other side and how it felt.  As usual that thought went to another and I was reminded of Michael's book Dancing the Dream.  It was the only one I have ever read about him my entire life and the only one I still have in my possession.  I had heard him recite poetry before it was published and when it came out it was the only true reflective part of him that I found at the time.  Obviously, this is why it holds special value to me.

The title, however, Dancing the Dream reminded Michael about where we are.  We are still in the dream and he is in the light.  He has woken up and we are still dreaming.  We are still conditioning our minds to that of the world he says.  When you get to the other side you don't have things like where you are going to work, what job you will do, or who has the better pair of shoes.  Your mind is massive and expansive.  You realize there is a beating of the drum, life's eternal heartbeat that keeps everything in time and unison.  We are the dreamers but we fail to dream the big dream and choose only to dream in small sections, not realizing the bigger picture.

What if our minds were like they were after we died?  What if we looked at our lives through the eyes of someone who has passed and put ourselves where we are in our most natural state?  What would we see differently?  Who would we see differently?

These are our dreams.  Some dreams we paint very dully, others fantastically.  Dreaming only requires one thing - the dreamer and you get to decide what dreams you wish to dream.

No comments: