9/10/15

Twin Souls with Patricia Joudry; Co-Author of the book "Twin Souls; Finding Your True Spiritual Partner"

"The Days of Creation: The
Sixth Day" by Edward Burne-
Jones" depicting the twin
soul concept again in a sphere
of wholeness.
Almost 20 years ago I came across some of the first new material available on twin souls.  I had searched for years until I came upon Dr Maurie D Pressman and Patricia Joudry's book "Twin Souls; Finding Your True Spiritual Partner".  

Imagine my delight when I discovered a video of an interview with Patricia Joudry, the visionary for the original book.  This one and half hour video not only explained the concept of twin souls, but the evolution of it's consciousness and the hurdles we sometimes must endure.

Needless to say, that was quite a while ago.  The video was released in 1996 and after I watched it I wanted to speak with Patricia.  She was a playwright living in Canada and I had hoped to speak with her about her knowledge of twin souls.  Unfortunately, by the time I had worked up enough courage to even make contact with her, Patricia had passed on.  In October of 2000, Patricia Joudry made her transition to the next plane.

When it came time for me to write my material for twin flame soul mates I knew I had to have someone with authority on the subject to help.  At that time I had nothing to lose, so I contacted Patricia's co-author Maurie D Pressman.

If you've heard the interview posted on the side bar, you already know Maurie was at first, not a willing participant in my little venture.  Without his support for the work, I was sure that I would be seen as a lunatic.  Twin souls were one thing, but a twin soul and Michael Jackson together? Society was still in the dark about who Michael was, let alone what a "twin soul" could be.

Yet my spiritual guides kept telling me to write.  I'd like to say I put my foot down, but I know better. I simply explained that I would go no further until I had a credible person to back me up.  Michael and his friend Elizabeth who were both on the other side of the veil at that time, decided to take a journey.  They found Patricia Joudry who was also on the other side.  She offered to help, stating Maurie was just being "stubborn".  Much to my surprise, he was, and Patricia knew exactly what to do to change his mind.  Low and behold, Another Part of Me; An Extraordinary Tale of Twin Souls was finally released.

In sharing this with you, I'm sure you might understand how I feel about Patricia and Maurie.  They both truly are the first pioneers in the field of twin soul study.  Not only were they remarkable in their stature, but remarkable in their love in sharing and helping us along this journey.

A true study in twin souls simply can not be complete without a look and listen to these two most incredible souls.

Most people are very visual.  I think having a visual with any teaching is important for a student to truly understand any concept.  Somehow it locks the concept into our minds in another way, more than just mere words.

Patricia's interview is available still on DVD.  Unfortunately I have not found any other place to purchase it, but at the original site that recorded it:  The Wings of Spirit Foundation.  The full DVD is approximately $20 and can be purchased here.

For now I really wanted to share just a small segment of Patricia Joudry. In the snippet below, Patricia is explaining the twin soul concept with rings.  I have yet to see a better analogy than what she gives.  Besides, she is so adorable you just can't help but smile when you see her!

This video is a beautiful follow up to yesterday's post about union.  Patricia is referencing the Sufi context from where the ring idea came from and the union that results in one "being":







No comments: